Baldwin Accujust Hitch Pins-waste end ringing, cacophony.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 10:38:11 -0700 (PDT)

I tune an SF grand for a big church here. I suspect
that the nasty, raspy, ringing, cacophonous, breathy
death-rattles from the high treble are due to the
undampened string  between the bridge rear and the
Accujusts (TM).
     I would like to weave some braid in there.
     Questions:
     1) Should I? (duh)
     2)Why did anyone design a piano with ringing
waste ends that bear no mathematical relation to the
speaking length, beyond what was determined by a
convenient place to drill a hitch pin hole in the
plate?
     Thump