A sweet old lady/David Stahl

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 12:54:15 EDT

joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> Way to go David! However, you do not need to take the dampers off to tune
> these. Some times it is necessary to remove the damper assembly to put the
> mute strip in, but put the darned thing back on, to tune. It'll save your
> ears and nerves!<G>

Joe,

Good advice.  It worked out okay, but having the dampers on would have made
the actual tuning a more pleasurable experience.  I didn't use a strip, I
just rubber muted my way up, which was pretty easy, given that all of the
pins were pre-marked and there are only two strings per note!

Thanks again,

Dave