Muting a Grand

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 7 May 2003 12:14:59 -0700

I should think it would not be too difficult to just build/install a
"Muffler Stip Rail" that works on the horizontal rather than in the
vertical. The  actuator/apparatus was available from APSC, (I hope Schaff
will carry them!). Make a rail out of light wood, such a spruce. Put slide
rods inside the cavity. Wouldn't be that hard. Use the type of strip like
the Yamaha type, that are reinforced up to the "strike point area", to
off-set "sagging". No biggie IMO.
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)