Parts needed

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Wed, 07 May 2003 17:05:10 -0300

Hi Albert,
Would items 510A and 510B, on page 100, of the Schaff catalogue, help?
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Albert Sanchez
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 4:45 PM
  Subject: Parts needed

  Hello List members:
  I am reconditioning the action of a Baldwin acrosonic spinet, serial number #357812.
        This action has 9-inch wooden stickers with a 1-1/8-inch rod (unthreaded)at the top  that stick up through a wooden guide rail. The wippens are center-pinned at the bottom of each sticker. My problem is that both the wooden stickers and wippens have become so brittle with age and/or dry climate that they are unrepairable (the jacks have come unglued and the stickers have split at the centerpin). Therefore I am trying to find replacement parts. I need: 88 sticker/wippens. The damper spoons are thus: 36 right-angled spoons, 30 left-angled spoons, 22 no-spoons.

        Can anyone on this list suggest where I might find these parts?

        By the way, I have already been in contact with Baldwin. They tell me that they do not have these parts.

        Cordially
        Albert Sanchez
        Al's Piano Tuning & Repair
        (703) 933-9303