Hammer weight?

BP billpillmore@earthlink.net
Wed, 07 May 2003 19:47:39 -0400

Hre are my measurements.  My grams weights only go to 64 grams so I
added quarters (I don't know the weight of the quarters but I think you
will get the idea.)
C2 up 28 grams down 64+3 quarters
C3 up 16 grams down 64+3 quarters
C4 up 24 grams down 64+1 quarter
C5 up 22 grams down 64 grams
C6 up 32 grams down 64+3 quarters

The reason I believe it's the hammers is I remember this piano from
before and it played nicely.  It then had new key tops and new hammers,
shanks, and flanges probably a couple of years ago.  Now nobody wants to
play it now because it is so hard to play.  I was thinking of shaving
the hammers before I went out and replaced them.

Thank you
Bill