To Yamaha, or Steinway... that is the question !

Thu, 08 May 2003 23:29:34 +0200

Hi there Andre'

I see you and Issac are in aggreement in the voicing worn hammers
thread. Kind of neat to see the term "battery voicing" used more and
more. It came up in a discussion I had with a Sweedish tech the other
day just so you know, and it was he who first used the term. Neat term
you coined there !

comments as to the present thread follow below.

antares@euronet.nl wrote:

> Understand completely. On the other hand, I remember this Conservatory
> in Utrecht in the Netherlands when they bought a Yamaha CFIIIS. They
> already had a STW D but that STW was screwed up and at the time STW was
> not able for some reason to do anything about it.
> So the Yamaha CFIIIS won and the STW disappeared to a back room, to
> never come back to the stage.
> Then they bought a Bösendorfer concert which from the start sounded
> like a box of cleaning tissues.
> The CF still won and it is still there.

I am really fond of the Hamburg C mind you, but we have two, and a
rather ok B as B's go. All in all tho, I would kind of like having a CF
III on hand as our flagship. I think it might be just the thing to shake
up a few of our more conservative thinking faculty, and it would provide
a nice alternative to concert instruments otherwise in town. Those are
strictly S&S D's with one exception of an old beat up Bosey.