Yankee push drill

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 8 May 2003 22:59:26 -0500

I carry my little Dremmel kit, with a set of drill bits for it, in the
Tunemobile all the time. Also a fluorescent shop light with a built-in
outlet, so it's an extension cord. Both items are handy dandy, sometimes.

Never tried the push thingy for drilling,  just as a "power" screwdriver.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

 -----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Bill Maxim
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:52 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Yankee push drill

  "Last week I bought myself a Yankee push drill for my shop.  I went to a
customers house and found a broken pedal rod (the one with the plastic ends)
. I still had the drill in my car so I got it and drilled  the end of the
rod..."

  But beware using a push drill on the end of a wooden dowel for a field
repair, unless you have access to a vise.  If the wood splits or the bit
otherwise jumps off the mark, it doesn't feel very good.  Don't ask me how I
know!

  With a cordless drill, you don't need to use the same amount of pressure
to acheive the desired result.

  Bill Maxim, RPT