Yankee push drill

Bill Maxim wmaxim@sc.rr.com
Thu, 8 May 2003 23:51:54 -0400

"Last week I bought myself a Yankee push drill for my shop.  I went to a =
customers house and found a broken pedal rod (the one with the plastic =
ends) . I still had the drill in my car so I got it and drilled  the end =
of the rod..."

But beware using a push drill on the end of a wooden dowel for a field =
repair, unless you have access to a vise.  If the wood splits or the bit =
otherwise jumps off the mark, it doesn't feel very good.  Don't ask me =
how I know!

With a cordless drill, you don't need to use the same amount of pressure =
to acheive the desired result.

Bill Maxim, RPT