Petrof 9 Footer

Fri, 09 May 2003 16:43:51 +0200

He touchweight enthusiasts.

John Hartman will appreciate this one. This is from a Petrof  9 foot
concert grand. Both top and bottom plates make for a really stiff key. I
put a 3 mm diameter rod  under it and had to really press hard to show
any real bend. I will contrive a measurement for this over the weekend.
Clamp one end down and put 10 kilos on it and measure the give at the
key front.... or something like that.

[Image]

Also of note on this piano, the keys are graduated in length and ratio
with the longest and lowest KR at the bass. KR starts at 5.3 and ends up
at 5.6. After taking a few samples this looks rougly to yeild a SW Ratio
starting at 5.68 in the bass and ending up at 6.0 in the treble.
Interesting. I'll have more on this on Sunday or Monday.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.

--------------B4BE12B79A8E5CA3B35E0D82
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--------------B4BE12B79A8E5CA3B35E0D82
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmailQQ.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 27812 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------B4BE12B79A8E5CA3B35E0D82--