Wurzen felt

Fri, 9 May 2003 14:17:24 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: May 09, 2003 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Wurzen felt

> Andre,
>
> I think perhaps the reason Wurzen felt specifically doesnt seem to
generate
> so much discussion is that the list is so dominatated by north american
> idigenie that have no real knowledge of this felt by name. If these
hammers
> do have a counterpart in the US, it is likely that it is the Renner blue
> that are closest, and then they are known by that name.

I have not tried any Renner Blue hammers for several years so they might
have changed, but.... The last time I did use them I ended up taking them
off and tossing them. They were so hard and dense there was no way to
needle them down to anything resembling a resilient hammer. They did not at
all resemble the hammers Andre is describing.

Del