More on bridge making

Fri, 9 May 2003 19:32:51 -0700

As I'm looking more at bridges lately, I tuned a Kawai KG3C today and
noticed that the bridge seemed to be made of solid maple.  Am I correct?
There seemed to be no cap.  I meant to ask this question of Ron the other
day in response to one of his posts.  If making a bridge out of solid
maple, the grain should run horizontally not vertically?  Did I read that
correctly?  Why is that?  Laminated bridges create a faux vertical grain,
it wood (ha ha) seem, though the grain in the laminations is horizontal.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net