Rear Duplex Bars on Steinways: was Baldwin Accujust...

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sat, 10 May 2003 16:49:37 -0600

>Its their design. Kelly makes the plates to Steinways specification. And
>one thing that Ron mentioned I'll agree with.... namely that this issue isnt
>about this piano or the other.

Hi Ric,
             I very much doubt that Kelly make's any thing, to any one's
specifications.  They sure as heck did not make Baldwin plates to Baldwin's
spec's,  it was a continuous quality control battle.
They are the root cause of needing to use different bore distances in
different sections of the piano.
Regards Roger