Rear Duplex Bars on Steinways: was Baldwin Accujust...

Sun, 11 May 2003 13:20:59 +0200

Roger Jolly wrote:

> >I didnt mean specs as in quality control.... grin. I mean they specify a
> >certain design and Kelly produces it. However bad Kelly may or may not be,
> >I am sure they can get struts and the like in the right place... or what ?
> >
> >Skål !
> >
> >RicB
>
> Hi Ric,
>             No they don't get that right at all.  Cool the plate too fast
> and you get all kinds of twist and bumps.  <G> The pattern may be right,
> but all kinds of strange things happen if you do not watch the process
> carefully.
> regards Roger.

Well.... seems like this is more an execution issue then a design one... I
mean... If Kelly cant handle casting iron they cant. But the pattern as it
were... is given to them by the piano manufacturers and its their job to make
it. Yes ??

I can see you are rather fond of Kelly there Rog.. :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.