Rear Duplex Bars on Steinways:

Sun, 11 May 2003 13:46:26 +0200

David Love wrote:

> Nobody's talking about changing the goal, just finding a better
> way to insure that the goal is achieved.

This is something  you seem to take for granted. And I for one do not buy it.

If the goal is "making the best sound possible" then you are in a subjective
mire no one will ever sort out. And if you are over into some concept of
functional optimization, then you disregard both the fact that factories build
what they build with purpose, and that this very functional optimization implies
a sound domain of its own which may be at odds with manys view of what sounds
good.

> I think these are legitimate
> areas of inquiry, many of which have a great deal of research.....

Sure they are. Who ever said anything to the contrary ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.