Wurzen felt

Sun, 11 May 2003 10:46:10 -0700

I'm all for such a hammer, though I haven't seen a Renner hammer that fits
that description here, at least not consistently.  Recently, I bought a set
of Abel hammers from Pianotek (referred to in their catalogue as Abel
Select) supposedly made without so much heat and pressing, less dense as it
were.  These seem different from the other Abel hammer I am familiar with
which I have not particularly liked.  I have not put a whole set on a piano
but have tried a couple of samples on various pianos and so far there is a
chance that this is what I am looking for.  The hammer has a nice full
sound out of the box but is much more resilient and open than other Abel
hammers I have heard.   How the hammer develops is always an issue that
concerns me not to mention consistency from set to set.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net