Horowitz and Mohr

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 10:15:22 -0600

Richard wrote...

At 11:36 PM 10/05/03 +0200, you wrote:

>Yet for those who were really interested in the man, and how he made music....
>this something is lost me thinks. And personally, I think it would have been a
>good thing had it been maintained.

I mentioned several reasons why I feel it wouldn't have been a good thing
if the piano were to tour as it has. The biggest, of course, is that the
first few people to play it would have gotten the "feel" of the Horowitz
piano, but after that it would deteriorate until there was nothing left for
anyone... ever.  Had they just put it in a museum then leaving the original
parts on would be a good thing, but they didn't. As it is at least some of
us got to play it, even if it was just a shell of its former self.

                         John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
Pianotech IRC chats Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sunday Mornings
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kmvander/ircpiano.html