Weighing off an action

Mon, 12 May 2003 13:56:29 -0700

I weigh off with the stack on, strike weights smoothed, the action
regulated and lubricated.  Measure up and down weights.  Figure out
friction and balance weight for each note.  Adjust front weight leading for
each note to get even balance weight.  One gram off the front weight will
increase the balance weight by 1 gram.  You need a platform for weighing
such as David Stanwood makes and a gram scale.  Make all the balance
weights the same and maintain as uniform a leading pattern as possible with
respect to front to back placement.  Address high and low friction values.
Works very neatly.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

Are=