Stickers and logos

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 10:01:11 -0600

Hi Ric,
             I was thinking of sticking a large size logo on the house side
of the piano, just to let every one know it was no longer brand X.    BUT I
WONDER IF THAT WOULD CAUSE A STIR.   <G>  Right beside it a damp chaser
logo.  Then a Renner Hammer logo.
Etc.   piano can look like a tuned up, formula 1 racing brand.   Monte
Carlo, here we come.   Suppliers please remit discount rebate.
Joking aside, many retailers install a small sticker with store logo and
phone number, and no one raises an eye brow.
I often install engraved brass plates on pianos that have been donated to
institutions, by individuals or groups.   I see nothing wrong in
this.   Good people need to be acknowledged.  Just do it with good taste.

On major rebuilding jobs I neatly write the data on number 1 bass key, for
posterity or future techs. Over size pins, or new block etc.

regards Roger.

PS   that Steinway at the Grieg Academy was very nice, good Job. Nice open
and transparent sound at ppp.  No doubt you have tweeked it some more since.