Stickers and logos

Tue, 13 May 2003 10:41:51 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Jolly" <roger.j@sasktel.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: May 13, 2003 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: Stickers and logos

> Joking aside, many retailers install a small sticker with store logo and
> phone number, and no one raises an eye brow.

Well, perhaps not many raise an eyebrow. Back in the 1970s when I worked
for dealer selling Steinway pianos they also put a small sticker on the
keycover with the name of the store on it. This sticker was relatively
small an unobtrusive being put just above the cheekblock on the treble
side. Still, I was asked by most new Steinway owners to remove this sticker
as part of my initial in-home service call. Most were bothered by it, some
exceptionally so. Maybe it's a regional thing.

The dealer knew their little stickers were not always welcome so they only
put them on after the sale and just before delivery.

Goo-Gone cleans off the residual adhesive and a bit of steel wool almost
makes the finish as good as new.

Del