Stickers and logos

Tue, 13 May 2003 21:42:04 +0200

Grin... Ah the heck with it...

Lets all agree to put a 12 foot 6 coloured neon dancing bar maid with the
following blinking sign on the top of the piano.

     "Welcome to Jamiaca, Have a nice day"

          "B.J. Rebuilders & Co"

Roger Jolly wrote:

> Hi Ric,
>              I was thinking of sticking a large size logo on the house side
> of the piano, just to let every one know it was no longer brand X.    BUT I
> WONDER IF THAT WOULD CAUSE A STIR.   <G>  Right beside it a damp chaser
> logo.  Then a Renner Hammer logo.
> Etc.   piano can look like a tuned up, formula 1 racing brand.   Monte
> Carlo, here we come.   Suppliers please remit discount rebate.
> Joking aside, many retailers install a small sticker with store logo and
> phone number, and no one raises an eye brow.
> I often install engraved brass plates on pianos that have been donated to
> institutions, by individuals or groups.   I see nothing wrong in
> this.   Good people need to be acknowledged.  Just do it with good taste.
>
> On major rebuilding jobs I neatly write the data on number 1 bass key, for
> posterity or future techs. Over size pins, or new block etc.
>
> regards Roger.

This was kind of you to say Roger.  You got it right about the tweeking. Its
voiced very nicely now and can really project at all volumes. Good advice from
Andre has helped a lot. Its my favorite toy !

> PS   that Steinway at the Grieg Academy was very nice, good Job. Nice open
> and transparent sound at ppp.  No doubt you have tweeked it some more since.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne