D.C. causing nausea?!

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 10:12:08 -0700

Clyde, Don, Mike,Tom, etc.,

Thanks for all your feedback. I think what I'll do is call D.C. and ask for
there thoughts on the matter, but in the end I'll probably just remove the
system, give the customer a partial "credit" on this tuning service, then
sell it at a discount to the next customer.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: D.C. causing nausea?!
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 06:58:46 -0400

Terry,

Is she hypersensitive to anything else?  I suppose this scenario is
possible,
although it doesn't seem likely.  Perhaps the heat rod emits a low level of
fumes from the paint on it.  Maybe if you used a rod that had already been
used
somewhere else for a year or so, there would be no problem.  It might be
worth a
try if she's willing to be a guinea pig.

As far as handling the situation in taking back the system, it appears you
can
hardly do the wrong thing if she's not asking for a refund, so how you
handle it
is up to you.  If you buy an item at a clothing store that you decide later
you
don't want, they will often give you a full refund, even though it is a loss
for
them, so you could follow that model if you feel generous.  But I would not
refund the labor part.  (Except I do offer a full money-back guarantee on
complete systems within one year if the customer is not satisfied, but I
never
had to make good on that.)

I'm quite sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer for the partial system
at
a discount.  Occasionally we're going to lose a little money on a
transaction.
That's just part of being in business.

Grasping at straws here,
Clyde