No Power Yamaha revisited

Tue, 13 May 2003 23:39:41 +0200

John Hartman wrote:

> Richard Brekne wrote:
>
> > I gotta do something thats for sure. There's just too little coming out
> > of this thing.
>
> To see if stiffening the rail would help your tone problem jam some wood
> wedges between the rail (flanges) and the pin block. If this doesn't fix
> the tone don't expect a new rail to be any better.
>
> John Hartman RPT

Will do. I'll check that out tommorrow. The set screw had been removed at
some time so I couldnt try that today, and I didnt have anything handy right
there and then or I would have tried this. I'll take a few hammer spares up
and see what happens.

If I have to fix the rail... what would you suggest.. a new rail or some kind
of angle iron... or what ?

Thanks John.