No Power Yamaha revisited

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 20:27:20 -0600

At 09:33 PM 5/13/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Roger, Ed, and Ron
>
>Ron Koval wrote:
>>Cool clue, ric!
>Grin... you liked that one eh ?  The other one I was going to give was
>If you block the hammer from rising and put pressure on the key the
>neighboring hammers all drop significantly.

Sounds like the balance rail is rolling.   Check to see that it is well
secured to the cross slats. check to see if the slats flex. If the mortice
cut has been badly done made. It may be the cause of the problem.

>>So it seems that the bedding must be good if you don't get the same symptom
>>with the hammer out of the equation.....
>I''ve checked and rechecked the bedding on this instrument 5 or 6 times.
>Darned things been driving me crazy :) Dags hold the back rail firm, front
>rail is as flat as you ever could want.... no.. its not the bedding.

The movement has to be balance rail related, unless the frame is riding on
the top of the unacorda arm.
Gee I would love to see this piano.

Regards Roger