Kawai model

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 00:01:34 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/03 12:18:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, pdtek@mchsi.com
writes:

> A six and a half foot Kawai grand made in 1969 that has No 650 on the plate

Dave,

That 650 is the model number, I believe.  It's 6 1/2 feet long, right?  One
of those passed through the store I worked at about 6 years ago.  Quite a
nice piano, as I recall.  A nice lively sound throughout most of it--except
the dreaded killer octave.  I found it quite superior to many Yamahas of the
same vintage.  I hate to admit it, but I liked it more than some of the S and
S grands we had at the time(weak selection, I admit).  Does it have ivory
keys?

Dave Stahl