Action Geometry Consistency

Bradley M. Snook bradley@rice.edu
Wed, 14 May 2003 00:28:18 -0500

When I do concert level regulation, I try and get key dip, aftertouch, =
letoff, and blow distance as even as possible (in that order). As a =
general rule, I try to maintain evenness in aftertouch and key dip, =
which forces me to distribute the majority of the inaccuracies between =
the blow distance and the letoff. Every once in a while I come across a =
note where something in the action geometry is obviously wrong (e.g. to =
get everything else correct, the blow distance would need to be in =
excess of 1/8" higher/lower than the rest of the hammer line).

What do I do to fix this problem?

Bradley M. Snook
Graduate Student in Piano Technology (M.Mus)
Rice University, Shepherd School of Music