Action Geometry Consistency

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 14 May 2003 09:15:39 +0200

I noticed that a checking of the centers heights and position on many action
stacks, but particularly Steinway, will show that there are disprcrepancies.

Correcting them with little papering , made in the cross direction of the
usual one, allow for a smoothing of these, I felt it immediately and it can
be measured in the DW UW relationship also.

Gluing himself the new rollers when changing shanks (with they shanks yet on
the rail and the centers checked) seem to take care of a lot of these
differences.

Rollers may be aligned with a rule - gluing time 30 min approx..
I've heard of some using a gig for that job, a picture would be appreciated
.

Thanks

Best regards.

Isaac OLEG