Action Geometry Consistency

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Wed, 14 May 2003 07:34:34 -0400

At 12:28 AM -0500 5/14/03, Bradley M. Snook wrote:
>What do I do to fix this problem?

If such deviations in the highly visible hammer line bother you, I'd
move it up from last place in the order of priorities. This problem
could be compared to getting 3ds, 4ths, 5ths and 6ths all to agree in
the temperament of a spinet piano.

Long ago I decided that, holding blow and LO steady meant I had to
choose between dip and aftertouch as the place to hide the error. Dip
was the obvious candidate.

That's not to say that these deviations shouldn't send you looking
for cock-eyed knuckles and capstans. But if you don't find them, you
ned a better place to hide the error than blow, where they are
amplified by the action ratio.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I gotta go ta woik...."
     ...........Ian Shoales, Duck's Breath Mystery Theater