Kawai model

Dave Bunch pdtek@mchsi.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 02:29:16 -0500

>> Does it have ivory keys?=20

Dave Stahl <<

Yes it does, and just one is chipped. One of those pianos with brittle =
wire that break 1 or 2 every tuning. I would like to completely =
restring, regulate, shape hammers and rebush keys. Need to get a ball =
park value. Satin ebony finish-good. No soundboard cracks.

Dave Bunch
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 11:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Kawai model

  In a message dated 5/13/03 12:18:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =
pdtek@mchsi.com writes:=20

    A six and a half foot Kawai grand made in 1969 that has No 650 on =
the plate would be what model?

  Dave,=20

  That 650 is the model number, I believe.  It's 6 1/2 feet long, right? =
 One of those passed through the store I worked at about 6 years ago.  =
Quite a nice piano, as I recall.  A nice lively sound throughout most of =
it--except the dreaded killer octave.  I found it quite superior to many =
Yamahas of the same vintage.  I hate to admit it, but I liked it more =
than some of the S and S grands we had at the time(weak selection, I =
admit).  Does it have ivory keys?=20

  Dave Stahl=20