ca glue as pin tightener - idiots guide please

Pianosfrance@aol.com Pianosfrance@aol.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 04:46:42 EDT

I know this info is lurking in the archives but it's taking an awful lot of
hunting to come up with a good description of the best way to apply CA glue
to get good results as a pin tightener.

Can anyone therefore answer me the following?

1.  Is there one good internet reference that will give me a good description
of how to apply CA glue as a pin tightener? (Someone must have produced a
"fact" sheet surely?!!)

if not:

2.  What is the best CA glue to use

3.  What is the best way to apply it (syringe, dropper, pipette???  Piano
upright or laid on its back?)

4.  How long to wait before tuning?

5.     Pitfalls to avoid?

6.  Anything else relevant?