HT tests

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 13:55:52 EDT

>Piannaman@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> I think I need to be re-enlightened as to the temperament of the Young
>> Chang...
  Greetings,
   The temperament that was proposed for us various techs to compare
reactions with was as follows:
C   =  5
C#  = 1
D    = 3
D#  = 3
E   = -2
F    = 5
F#  = 0
G   =  5
G#  = 2
A    = 0
A#  =4
B   = -1

    There are four M3rds that are widened to 18 cents (E, B, F# and C#).  The
C-E is only 7 cents wide and the F-A is 8.  Ab is 17cents, etc.    This
provides a pretty fair amount of contrast, and I use it quite a bit.
    For those that want to compare it with something a little more refined,
I think the Coleman 11 would prove to be an excellent introductory
temperament for tuners to offer:
C   = 4
C# = 1
D    =1