Buying a name.................

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 14:05:57 -0700 (PDT)

How true, Del,
     But in some cases it is my understanding that the
Chinese did, at least, buy the actual plate patterns
for these fine old American ( and Canadian ) pianos
from the foundries. I remember speaking with a
foundryman a few years ago as he told me that the
patterns for Heintzmann were currently for sale, but
that the Chinese would probably get them soon, too, if
no one intervened.
    He lamented it.
    Anybody seen a Cheintzmann, lately?
    Thump