Henry F. Miller

Thu, 15 May 2003 13:53:51 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray T. Bentley" <ray@bentley.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: May 15, 2003 6:48 AM
Subject: Re: Henry F. Miller

> Clyde and list,
>
> I've serviced many of the new Henry F. Miller pianos.  They are by far
the
> best pianos to wear the Henry F. Miller name that I have ever seen in my
> opinion.  (I am babysitting one from the sixties for my daughter which
she
> inherited from my wife's mother until she gets a place big enough for
it.)
> They are made in the Pearl River factory to the same quality standards.

The original Henry F Miller pianos were actually quite nice. Reasonably
designed for their time--certainly as well as most others and better than
some that outlasted them. And reasonably well made--also as good as most
others and better than many that outlasted them. The so-called piano
cobbled together by Ivors & Pond (if memory serves) in Memphis during the
sixties was also not a Henry F Miller. The Asian companies appropriating
respectable old American piano manufacturers names are not the first to
attempt to buy instant heritage.

Del