Tilter; Was ca glue as pin tightener (TILTER)

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 16 May 2003 16:39:31 -0300

Hi List,
Even with the tilter, be careful.
I use the Tuner's Supply tilter, and it came with 2 clamps, that attached to
the backposts.
One time a clamp came off, and I thought, that's ok, it still has one.
Wrong, the other one fell off and the piano slipped, and the tilter, acted
like stepping on a rake.
I broke my nose, two black eyes and a broken watch crystal.
When I went to the hospital, and the nurses asked what had happened, I told
them, and one that I knew, actually burst out laughing. She had the same
sense of humour as myself. I have been known to laugh at others misfortune,
imagining the situation in a funny way.
I now don't use the clamps. I put the tilter under the piano, and tilt the
tilter back, till it grabs the bottom of the piano, and pushing forward to
keep the grab, I pull them back together. I have never had a problem doing
it this way.
Another safe way is to use a strap.
Regards,
John M. Ross