A New Trouble

Larry P. Trischetta ltpianoman@adelphia.net
Fri, 16 May 2003 19:09:17 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_HN506RO0000000000000
=0D
Norm & List,=0D
Sorry for the mistake!! I thought this was an upright... didn't read as w=
ell
as I should've... My response made no sense in the context of what the
thread was actually about... a grand piano, NOT a vertical!!=0D
Sorry... =0D
Larry Trischetta, Pocono NE Chapter=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: Thursday, May 15, 2003 00:59:32=0D
To: Pianotech=0D
Subject: A New Trouble=0D
 =0D
I ran into a new one today. A brand new Henry F. Miller grand that probab=
ly
was not prepped at the store. I did ease all the keys as many bushings we=
re
tight and quite a few balance hole tight as well. After all of that, I st=
ill
had a sticking key. It was C3, (3rd key from the top of the bass), that
would stick but only on occasion. It might play 30 to 50 times normally, =
and
then stick down with the hammer in check on the backcheck. I then discove=
red
that by slowly pressing the damper pedal, the hammer would release from t=
he
backcheck and then with a little more movement of the damper pedal,
everything would drop back to normal. The hammer and the backcheck look o=
kay
 I believe that the key end and the damper underlever are somehow stickin=
but could find nothing out of the way like a burr or something. The key d=
oes
lift a spoon on the damper underlever and the felt on the key and the spo=
on
look very good. Looking for ideas.=0D
=0D
Norm Barrett=0D