A New Trouble

Larry P. Trischetta ltpianoman@adelphia.net
Wed, 21 May 2003 03:49:36 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_OE88LVC0000000000000
Norm,=0D
Maybe check to see if the spoons are bent a little too far to the left an=
barely touching a neighbor lever...?? =0D
Larry Trischetta=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: Friday, May 16, 2003 23:38:33=0D
To: Pianotech=0D
Subject: Re: A New Trouble=0D
 =0D
Hi Larry,=0D
Your comments are not very far off because these damper levers do have
spoons which the keys operate. The spoons in the area of failure have a b=
end
to the left and I believe that somehow this is binding the key occasional=
ly.
I mentioned using the pedal but you can release the key by lifting or
pushing the damper by hand. Since the owner does not play, it is not very
urgent to get back and fix this trouble but I sure would like to find it.
You do not often have a true intermittent trouble in a piano but I would
call this one intermittent.=0D
=0D
Norm Barrett =0D
----- Original Message ----- =0D