Aeolian crap

Sat, 17 May 2003 10:37:30 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: May 16, 2003 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: Aeolian crap

> > And the list goes on. No, the Japanese only took
> > advantage of a market
> > handed to them on a silver platter.
> >
> > Del
>
> True, Del, and the fact that American workers were all
> out "Disco Dancing" in the 70's, and probably very
> hung-over in the morning.
>      Thump

Well, I question that kind of type-casting as well. I've spent quite a lot
of time in various factories and have found that workers generally do what
is expected of them by management. And what management has equipped them to
accomplish.

But when you have some Time & Motion expert--someone who has never spent a
day actually working in a factory--telling management how they can speed up
an operation just by increasing a quota what choice does the worker have?
He/she either slops it together or gets fired. And when management
generally resists any capital expenditures to make the process actually
work better the workers end up fudging and cobbling just to get the job
done so they can keep their jobs.

No, I think American workers are about as good as any. When they are
adequately trained and equipped they are capable of doing quite exception
work.

Del