Action Geometry Consistency

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 17 May 2003 22:21:25 +0200

> If the knuckles are bad, under what condition do you
> consider it best, in the
> interest of time, to just replace the knuckles in lieu of
> new shanks and
> flanges.
>
> Ron May

Bad knuckles from the start, but if not the shanks are due always when
the hammers & knuckles are worn.

The new thing to me is to order shanks without the knuckles glued in
(at Renner's) , and answering them when they ask me why, "because I
want them better aligned" shame and scandal in the factory, I
corrected my answer soon !
Indeed gluing is not that long, and choosing a knuckle model is
interesting (Abel, Yamaha, Renner ?)

Without the rollers, it I easier to align the centers also.

To obtain the shanks I had to wait for a new batch made, as the
rollers are glued immediately in the factory.

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.