Gawd am I having fun yet?

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 04:15:55 -0600

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Garrett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 5:54 PM
  Subject: Gawd am I having fun yet?

  Just had ta give you all a chuckle/frown for the day.
  Yesterday, (Saturday), I had the dubious honor of working on "Mom's =
Piano".
  A 1953 Cable-Nelson Spinet.      . . . . .=20
  That aint the end of all this!! One other problem I surmised was that =
the
  key cover didn't function very well. So, I decide to fix that too! Big
  mistake! They installed the "guide/pivot bar", that is attached to the =
Key
  Cover, sandwiched between the key frame and the key bed!!!! Solution =
Take
  the key frame out. They had enough screws in that key frame to almost =
build
  another piano!  . . . . . .=20
  Best Regards,
  Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

      Are you sure you had to take the keyframe out to remove the =
fallboard "pivot bar"?
  On some pianos the mechanism is really two bars pinned together.  The =
one under the keyframe stays there and the one attached to the fallboard =
can be un-pinned from the lower one by spreading the two "vertical", or =
short, ends of the bar (just enough for the pins to come out of their =
holes).  Re-installation is the reverse.
      But maybe you had an oddball. =20
          -David Nereson, RPT