piano appraisal

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 07:01:10 -0600

Hi Terry,
I have only seen one of these and as memory serves me it is a transposing
piano of one half step either way from center. Just yesterday tuned a small
grand that used the unacorda to transpose 1/2 step. A0 to Bb86, weird. Did
not take notice of the brand, just the very loose pins and the fact that my
new hammer was able to make one to two cent changes in pitch in the high
treble. If you like I can get that info for you.
A0 to Bb86, weird.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 5:57 AM
Subject: Re: piano appraisal

Boy, unless I'm missing something here, the piano is likely worth somewhere
between zero and liability (or if the owner were to find a real sucker,
maybe $100 for the fancy case?).

I'm curious about the "changeable pitch" feature. Is this perhaps a
used-piano-salesperson's marketing characterization of loose tuning pins?

Terry Farrell