piano appraisal

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 09:36:24 EDT

Greg

It would be interesting to find out if this is truly a "changeable pitch"
piano. The only one I've ever seen was a birdcage. and I think they were made
only in England.

On a side note, however, I want to make this comment. As much as we all think
we might know enough to appraise a piano from the customer's description,
there is only one accurate way to appraise a piano. We need to impress upon
our customers that they have to pay for such service, especially when they
start saying things like "changeable pitch" and "ornate case." I've learned
that one person's opinion of "fancy" and mine are sometimes totally on the
opposite ends.

I would suggest you e-mail her back and tell her to set up and appointment,
and pay you for your service.

Wim