Aeolian Player___Steinway 1926

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Mon, 19 May 2003 23:24:34 +0200

RPG

Come get some!

Brian
Duke Nukem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Forsyth" <alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 10:59 PM
Subject: Aeolian Player___Steinway 1926

Hi piano lovers and spinet haters,

Seeing the pictures of the Steinway Duo Art which were posted recently
reminds me of a similar piano which had been converted to a regular grand
piano. The rims for these grand players are about three inches higher than
normal and when the player mechanism has been removed the piano tends to
look a bit incongruous. So the tech who converted the piano decided to cut
three inches off the rim all the way around. I asked him how he managed to
do this and he came up with what I thought was an ingenious method. Can
anyone guess what method he used to cut away the excess rim? No prizes, but
your guesses might prove to be interesting.

Regards
Alan Forsyth
Edinburgh