Bridge Pin Height Regulation, was: More, More (was Re: Thar She Blows!)

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Tue, 20 May 2003 08:49:49 -0600

Hi Terry,
               Here's my method.   Measure the desired depth with respect
to the pins being used.  ( I use the long ' pointy ' ones.)
Shrink, heat shrink sleeving on to the drill bit at the desired depth,
leave it long enough to block against the bottom of the chuck.
This gets the holes consistent for depth.  Vacuum well to make sure no
swarf is left in the holes.
Swab holes with thin West Systems epoxy, using a piece of piano wire.
Insert pins. I use a slotted piece of 3/4" steel, 1/8" thick as a stop for
the punch.
Regards Roger