HOLD THE PHONE CENTRAL.... something very wrong

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 15:09:54 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/03 11:47:00 AM Central Daylight Time, rrg@unlv.edu
writes:

> Something very wrong here.  Either someone on the list is looking for
> trouble or my computer and/or network is seriously screwed.  I have a little
> program that searches for files deleted from the recycle bin, (i.e. directories
> erased from the HD), and it wasn't able to locate them either.  It's as if they
> never existed.  Am I going crazy?

Robert

This morning I checked my out box, and there were two messages I supposedly
sent, but had never seen before. When I opened it up, it was sent from my email
account to about 50 different sites. The first one all started with Lily, and
then all sorts of different endings, the second one all started with Raif,
with all sorts of different endings. I got AOL on the line and they said I had
been "spooked." They suggested I change my password. Apparently someone gets a
hold of your account, and sends out these messages. I don't know enough about
computers to know what's going on. But like you, all of a sudden, the sent
messages disappeared.

BTW, I had the problem you experienced about a year ago. In fact, it happened
several times. I guess it's one of the mysteries of cyberspace.

Wim