No Power Yamaha revisited

Thu, 22 May 2003 22:19:59 +0200

Roger Jolly wrote:

> Hi Ric,
>             A very soft flexible action frame, they move a lot.  I bed
> these frames every time I tune a Yamaha grand.
> With practice it only takes about 3 or 4 minutes.  The weight of the keys
> is more than enough to flex those frames, hence the change in dip.
> The design is such that the frame is is supposed to flex.
> Bin thar and bought the tee shirt.   <G>
>
> Regards Roger

So... I dont quite understand... why does this require the balance rail to be
jacked up so high ? Any higher and I'd be lifting the front rail up. You
would think that sitting on all 6 glide bolts would do the job... but no....
they have to be jacked up to a certain height as well. If someone got to
releveling the keys,... this could cause some real confusion me thinks.

How is the proper key height determined without the proper balance rail
height being determined foist as it were... and what is the proper balance
rail height to begin with ? Mmmmmm ??

Confused as usual

RicB