False beats - Was spinet octaves

Fri, 23 May 2003 18:11:53 +0200

Clyde

The loose pins idea has been around for a long time, and I think most of us
have ended up having experiences that agree with it. Probably why the theory
has been around so long. No matter how you look at the seating strings
thing, there's little doubt that it's a temporary solution of limited
effectiveness.

I see no reason to be afraid of the epoxy, CA, or similiar solutions. Just
make sure you do it right. You dont want so much epoxy that you change the
termination points for sure.

We've run through methods for this several times now so I am sure a good
look in the archives will yeild you great results for just about every
situation... low and high cost jobs... cheap and expensive pianos... a
solution for each and all.

Cheers

RicB