Teflon Powder

Sat, 24 May 2003 10:21:38 +0200

Bill Spurlock was nice enough to reply with the following to an inquiry
I just made about the shape of the particles used in the Telfon powder
variant he sells to the piano industry

Obviously the claim that these particles are spherical are a bit
overstated,  yet they are a far cry from the sharped edged graphite
particles. Telfon is inert to most everthing it would seem. The heat
generated by friction in action centers is not enough to even make the
stuff think about reacting.

Anyways.. I hope this answers any questions anyone has about the shape
of Teflon particles.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne