Removing Lindner cheekblocks

Sherry swidmer@rochester.rr.com
Sat, 24 May 2003 13:58:11 -0400

Hi,
   I felt greatly humbled today.  I planned to do some action work on a
Lindner 5'8" grand but was unable to get the cheekblocks out.  I checked in
the archives and noticed there was another post in 2001 about this problem
but couldn't find any answer.  Does anyone have any experience with this
instrument who could give me a step by step removal process.  I found a
screw  on each cheekblock parallel with the keyboard almost below the level
of the keys that could be the holding device but it was impossible to get to
because of the keys.    When I tried to unscrew it, it was blocked by the
keys.  Hope someone out there can help.
           Thanks,   Sherry