Removing Lindner cheekblocks

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 24 May 2003 12:23:51 -0600

Removing Lindner cheekblocksHi Sherry,
You found the critter! Yes you were at the door but you needed to take =
off the fall board and remove the key strip to allow the key to be =
raised up enough to get at the screw to remove the blocks.
The screw is usually in at an angle so examine the head to try to see =
what angle is needed to remove it.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Sherry=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2003 11:58 AM
  Subject: Removing Lindner cheekblocks

    Hi,
       I felt greatly humbled today.  I planned to do some action work =
on a Lindner 5'8" grand but was unable to get the cheekblocks out.  I =
checked in the archives and noticed there was another post in 2001 about =
this problem but couldn't find any answer.  Does anyone have any =
experience with this instrument who could give me a step by step removal =
process.  I found a screw  on each cheekblock parallel with the keyboard =
almost below the level of the keys that could be the holding device but =
it was impossible to get to because of the keys.    When I tried to =
unscrew it, it was blocked by the keys.  Hope someone out there can =
help.
               Thanks,   Sherry