Bass bridge puzzler

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sun, 25 May 2003 17:43:40 -0600

At 11:29 AM 5/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>>>This is why I've always used pinblock scrap for bass bridges in
>>>verticals - either the multilam maple, or Delignit.
>>>
>>>Ron N
>>
>>Horizontal, no?
>>
>>Guy
>

>Of course.
>
>Ron N

Yeah... though I like the vertically laminated bridges on some instruments,
it doesn't seem all that practical or beneficial for a cap or a topper for
an apron. Booger to notch, also. Have used vertical chunks for repair
around the tenor/treble cutout on some oldies, though, and liked the
results. Seems like the sales pitch favoring vertical over horizontal
doesn't really jive with the science. JMHO

Later,
Guy Nichols, RPT
Ft. Stinkin' Desert, NM