Action Saturation, WAS: No Power Yamaha Experiment.

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sun, 25 May 2003 23:23:43 -0400

At 11:26 AM -0600 5/25/03, Roger Jolly wrote:
>Since I have been doing some work with action saturation, this has
>been an informative thread.

I wonder just how action saturation figures in here. Certainly it
would, with the glides not touching the bed and the balance rail up
floating the air. Flexing is flexing whether it's in the keyframe,
shank or keystick.

But once the glide are on the bed there is no space available for the
keyframe to flex, assuming that in these high velocity situations,
the front and back rails don't lift from the bed. Without flexing,
how could energy be lost (or deferred) in saturation?

Apparently both you and Ric find a reward in increasing the keyframe
spring far beyond RonO's modest 5 mil amount. Ron seemed to be using
rail spring as a safety factor against seasonal rail warp. You two
are  heading for a gain in power and sound. But as I suggest any
amount of flex once the glides hit the bed is not addressing a
situation of action saturation, but something else.

I'll find out for myself tomorrow.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Tomorrow is going to be a 'Say Something' Hat Day. "
     ...........Patrick Swazey in "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything....."